Heinerich GmbH is an independent family-owned company. We have always supported our customers with state-of-the-art technology and extensive expertise, seeking to achieve the highest quality standards and to grow together.
In the years after the Second World War, the development of plate production for corrugated board printing replaced wooden packaging, which was standard practice in Germany at the time. Corrugated board was labelled using a template or a large rubber stamp, as was the case for wooden packaging. However, strong demand for corrugated board packaging meant that this type of printing was no longer sustainable. Since printing on corrugated board using lead letters or zinc etchings, as in book printing, was not possible on account of the uneven surface, plates were manufactured with rubber, just like rubber stamps. The first printing presses for corrugated board printing in Germany were used between 1948 and 1950. However, these machines made use of wooden printing cylinders and were very primitive. Thanks to a high level of demand, the printing presses were eventually improved. Wooden cylinders were replaced by hard rubber cylinders and rubber plates no longer had to be nailed on but were now pushed on. These developments significantly improved printing.
The company Klischeeanstalt Hermann Heinerich was founded in Pleidelsheim, Germany on 1 October 1968. At the time, the first plates were manufactured by four employees working in a case room with fonts produced specifically for board printing and two vulcanising presses. Since the company's founding, the graphics industry has undergone a fundamental change owing to the use of computers. The shift over from labour and material-intensive manual reproduction processes to digital publishing was successfully mastered by the mid-90s.
To continue to successfully meet these challenges in the future as well, we continuously update our technical equipment in line with the market requirements.